3.08.2011

The Dessert and The Main Course



They have been steady for 7 years and counting, one time I asked, "What makes your relationship strong?" He answered. "It's not! We just work things out"

"Huh? What do you mean? Isn't that what you define as complicated?"


"It is!"


"Huh? You are talking in riddles. Am not digesting it anymore but very intriguing!" Scratching my head back and forth. Deep breath.


"That's what makes it so complicated, I can't even explain it." He moved closer with a blank face.


"That's tough!" 


"It is!" Staring out, still blank face. "Ganito yun. Although we are in a relationship we cater others too."


"What? That's infidelity!" My jaw dropped in disbelief.


"Di naman! In a Filipino-type of setting it is, even alarming. I came from an uptight Chinese family, ties and customs bound pa nga eh!"


"Hmmmm. What do you mean when you said cater to others?"


"Flings. Casual innuendos. One-time fuck! Sometimes orgies too."


"Don't you love him anymore."


"No. Don't get me wrong when I say this, I love my partner but as your relationship grows, there comes a time that I would feel nothing, affections, nada, love, none too, but you will stay because of commitment."


"Complicated nga." Nodding in approval. "Haven't you decided to break up nalang? Coz' if you're not being true and honest to your partner, you're denying respect to the both of you."


"Ambobo naman neto! Widen your horiozons! C'mon! Think out of the box." His eyes so wide open trying to explain.


"Di nga! Ikaw kung maka-bobo ka naman! Dahan-dahan please?"


"Kasi nga you haven't been into our kind of relationship. All of your shit were one-night stands and short. Not even a week, here you are single-again." 


"Oo na! Ikaw na masaya!" I rolled my eyes to hide the hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the thoughts of 3AM

now more than ever, I am fearing for my life.... here I thought that after COVID made its mark, I will be fine and will certainly go back to...