8.31.2010

The Art of Being Straight



The Art of Being Straight Poster Movie 11x17 Rachel"Sometimes the line gets a little blurry.”

I say, funny film indeed. It was such an eye opener for me. No really, it was. See how human behavior gets a little tacky and defiant to the rules of engagement. How many of us, living in this whole planet, Manila alone, has quite some number already, would be able to say WHO they really are. I guess some can define who they are but say 7 out of 10 would really ask the question, WHO AM I? I guess you never really can infer a deep side unless you’ve experienced it for yourself. Being positive and telling yourself who you are maybe one of the things that you can develop but truth will always prevail.

In lieu of certain facts is to each his own, not that it may seem so caste in nature that we label people who they are and who they want to be. It’s a personal choice. It may be offensive to others but who are we to judge, there are quite a few things that we enjoy that others deem to shy and trounce it from us. Take Jon for example, others might have radioisotoped him as a bisexual, giving in to girls and taking it in from the boys, in just about ways yes he is but he himself is caught off guard and unaware of certain things that he liked and don’t. Some might have secerned him as gay as he enjoyed and had pleasure in a man’s arms but again, who are we to judge? Yet as he declared himself straight, who are we to argue.

When does maturity materializes? Is it when the opportunity arises and excruciates you further that it shows you its facets? Incredulous as it may seem but it never feigns with age, knowledge and social grace. Is it when you are able to decipher between what’s just and what’s not or is it choosing the more logical of things? Or is it the time where you decide of which is subjective and objective to certain point of thinking? You can never can tell but surely others can. Isn’t it a raillery to your brain? Doing the mental check every time disposed with a scenario? Me, a pea-brain for example. The more I try, the more it seemed to vanish. I already did some reality check on my situation yet every time that I am faced with certainties, there is always someone or something to the rescue, I don’t know if it is sheer dumb luck or am not that witty and brainy to think off from my feet. I sure should be thankful right? Given the fact that I have been saved by the bell but am not? Why? Is it just me thinking aloud? Because deep within my realm, I feel empty, as if being worthless has been crowned to my ain. How does one think of something out of nowhere?

Snap! Poof! Idea!

I wonder if its a talent or a gift. Or maybe is it the weight of your left versus the right cerebral cortex. Lucky are the ones who gets to have it. Question: Can we hasten it? I am a believer of ones own strength can be nurtured, embodied and lived as well as the fear itself being the other way around. I remember a line from a movie, Penelope, said, “It is not the power of the curse, it’s the power you give the curse.” True but how? Constant practice? 20-day immunity? Self-help books and journals? Email me at micropet6336@ovimail.com, your virtue will be highly appreciated and proclaimed. I know this one is a no-brain-er, but a lamebrain like me? Needs all the support he can get, I guess there is always a room for error. Thanks!

Wishing things may be changed the way it is, imperfect as it may be, we all want world peace. Cliché huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

the thoughts of 3AM

now more than ever, I am fearing for my life.... here I thought that after COVID made its mark, I will be fine and will certainly go back to...