8.31.2010

Call Center Life

What a journey! If that’s what you call it. Some treat it as a devolve, some just passed by and others really don’t care if they’re here or not.

Bumpy, fun, exhasuting not to mention elating ride it has been. What? Five years? Wow! I can’t imagine those years, growing and learning at the same time. I never thought I would stay and linger in this industry as it was just the most “in” thing, hip, wild and frivolous. That’s it! Nothing more, nothing less. Mind you, my dream then was to become an infamous programmer, savvy and techie. Alas! The language that I know? I’d be damned! The programming that I know was so four years ago, crap, right? With the ever changing and occuring world of software development with a wink of an eye what you know maybe a thing of the past.


C   a   l   l   C   e   n   t   e   r    L   i   f   e

Working late nights, asleep during daybreaks and parties on restdays and weekends. A routine, yes but that pretty much sums up the whole time I’ve been here. I know, generic and pathetic yet that’s what happens when you’re young and full of shit with a bagful of cash on your strip.

I started 2004, timid and shy, agressive and repulsive at the same time with a handful of courage on my left hand and a book by my right. At that time, my interview with TelePerformance went haywire; read: SALES (what the effin’ schmuck should I do?) The clock striked one helpless and desperate with just twenty pesos on my pocket, hungry at the same time. I dragged myself to Sykes Asia, marble lobby was clacking with high-heeled shoes and the mode of conversation? Whatelse but the dreaded English Language, OMG! My feet were shaking and the sweat was oh so cold than ice. Well! This is it! I am here, there’s no turning back, either make it or break it! I stormed. Luckily ended with an elusive account far more than I expected. READ: NO TALKING. Just plain typing. Speed and skills are what they need. No need for your brain to function. My worries were in vain. Got the hire.

That was the easy part. Then came course skills, I bled alright! Whew! That didn’t came to flattering but I managed. Week TWO passed by so breezy, week THREE was agony, bloopers on week FOUR and week FIVE was utterly hell. Scrutiny, details and a zappy mind was needed. Your holster was to deal with it or bear with it. Four years passed, it marked well. Got a disorder from it. O-C. Discomfort you say? Nope! Never better actually.

Seasons came and left, storms crashed and devastated. This I mean literally! Milenyo? Ondoy? Ring a bell? Yes, They were part of it all.

Yet all of such has been a joyride. A classic twist and turn. Fostered a lot of memories, tears and laughter hand in hand. Priceless bondings and get togethers. And the flirtings? They were on the sides!



Outsiders call it WORK but us? It’s LIFE.

What else can I say?

Tara, join the bandwagon.

1 comment:

  1. laveeeet!!!!!!!!! others may not understand what we do, but for us who are on the inside, our work gives us the life's joy, excitement, and oh, that terrible headache that makes us throw up and wants to leave it all behind... but we just won't, cause this hell of a work is our hell of a life...

    way to go michael.... =D

    ReplyDelete

the thoughts of 3AM

now more than ever, I am fearing for my life.... here I thought that after COVID made its mark, I will be fine and will certainly go back to...