8.31.2010

The Beyond-See (Beyonce) Experience


So tiring.
Whew!
I never thought of that when I was doing it on a daily basis though. It figures, am I getting old already and my nerves are not coping up with me? 
Well, to start with, we had this office affair, black masquerade and all. Name it, glamour, pulchritude, posse, seduction, and sophistication to sept a few. Dating back history early 15th century, in celebration of the Venetian Carnival, involving music, dance, singing and acting. Nowadays it has been so elaborate and fabulous integrating intricate masks, colorful feathers and gorgeous ballgowns. Concealment is the name of the game in which you need to guess who is behind the maschera.

And as we celebrated “Our Dark Side” I promised my friends to show them my dark side, yep I had a separate life and that was before “maturity et al”. Well, that’s what am labelling it for as I have come to age about being youthful and celebrating it and expressing what and who you really are and wants to be. I guess that was 4 years ago, being in a cocoon for so long made me realise its not only a butterfly that is in there but also a soul dying for release and freedom. Heck! That was so long ago that I have already chosen and taken the path I am now accustomed and comfortable living to. And to stir things off, I performed together with 12 other talented individuals. In a suit, sexy, revealing and oh-so-hot! Just imagine me, a week ago donning a goatee and beard and then the next in a make-up fully done, dressed from top to toe. Picture Lady Gaga in Alexander McQueen creations, not that exact, a bit mussy on the edges but the execution? Bam! Picture perfect!

Cliché? Hmm, not really! It’s just for fun and not for good. I missed it, yes. But not really into plunging with it again. You can say it’s just satisfying the crave or the thirst.

Conceptualizing it, was oh so easy. Planning was a bit messy. And execution was a bit gruesome, hell yeah! I can never imagined that I have been doing this everyday before. Yep! You heard it right! This was my daily routine before going to work, it was like everyday was a party and a “big opening night”. Hair, dress, accessories, name it and especially the shoes, carefully selected, matched and sometimes just to create a havoc or two defies fashion and rebels from time to time becoming a fashion disater. I was the Carrie Bradshaw of Burgundy! And I was happy, very happy. Being it all.

As the hardest part of all? Money! Yes, moolah! All boils down to the expenses. From haircare to accessories, to maintanance and testings, to product miscibility, takes a lot of toll, really! I can only envisage. How in the world was I able to maintain that prestige?

Right now? I can only imagine. Believe moi!


No comments:

Post a Comment

the thoughts of 3AM

now more than ever, I am fearing for my life.... here I thought that after COVID made its mark, I will be fine and will certainly go back to...