8.30.2010

Ego / July 16, 2009

I so love BK’s song. In more ways than one, I can pretty much relate to it. Simple yet direct. Defiant yet true. Stylish yet knocks you off your feet.


Ego (Remix Featuring Kanye West)
I talk like this ’cause I can back it up
I walk like this ’cause I can back it up
I got every reason to feel like I’m that bitch


True, some might think it’s arrogance but simply it’s just confidence.   Some say that if you have it you got it but I dare to defy, given time? I don’t think so! You’ll learn the ways of the samurai. At first, hesitations and convictions will subdue and flare but give it 21 days tops. It will be instilled. Dare? Not all talent are purely bred, some yes with heritage and ancestry but some are taught and learnt. Gifts for some but labored by others. For me perseverance is the key. Whatever it is, you just got to work hard, I mean real hard, mind you inborn talents are hastened for a brilliance coz although you have it, you need to oil up your hinge and work that ass out. I for one can attest to that. Dancing is my life and my passion, not only it needs to be a daily routine, as your body adjusts to every movement that you make, to every muscle you crunch, every sway that you pleia and every bounce you do to the beat, you also need to try other genre aside from the one that you know, versatility also counts. Says who? moi, of course! I talk like this coz I can back it up!

Literally, not only ramp models and beauty queens can do this. In your simple kind of style, if you got it then bring it. I personally believe it’s not the dress, the fad or the design that will make up and constitute an ensemble. Not even designer labels and brands will make you pretty and channel an oozingly hot strut. It’s how you handle and rock the outfit. You could be stylish in a plain white shirt and faded jeans if you know how to accessorize and crown yourself with glory, quite the contrary if you don’t, you’ll end up trashy and gross even if you have Gucci shirt and Armani jeans. If you know what I mean. You can strut a dress made in Ilaya Divisoria and bejewel it with sparkles from 168 Mall, the hell I care, just rock it if you’re under the spotlight. Says who? It’s bad to stare; I walk like this ’cause I can back it up!

I got every reason to feel like I’m that bitch. Sure you can be with all the people around you, if you’ll ask me, am not here standing where am at, if am pleasing everybody else, you know you can’t! You do your own stuff, you do your thing and all else will follow. It may not be the norm or the preference but you followed your heart’s desire, that’s what matters most. It’s you being taken into pride. Who would you trust other than yourself, you know who you are, what you want and when you need it. Let’s face it the world will never be alive without the facade and all that but it will always boil down to what you think and feel. Things may get haywired and plans get screwed but at the end of the day, you’ll get to ask yourself the worth of it all. If it is, then why bother! Aside for the spontaneity of it, you also get to flame the phoenix in you.

Dreamgirls (Widescreen Edition)Though the peak is the sweetest triumph of it all, it’s always the climb that you will savor and linger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the thoughts of 3AM

now more than ever, I am fearing for my life.... here I thought that after COVID made its mark, I will be fine and will certainly go back to...