8.30.2010

First Time / July 24, 2009

Things you might want to know in voting for the very first time (stress on the word itself.Ehem! that’s me!) Lesson learned? None actually. Putting people in ranks doesn’t seem to alter the faltering state of the country, why bother!

Well, actually this is for me yet it might be applicable to you(yes you, who else, you’re a Filipino right?) Then it’s time.
To start things off, am already 27 and this will be our little teeny-weeny secret, sssh! Haven’t really experienced exercising my rights or duties and euphimism aside, it’s voting! Never written a name on a ballot and have it tallied. Even in my collegiate days, I abhorred those tangy lines waiting, either I get sick with medical certificate for compliance or just plainly missed class for the day. But summing it all up, never as in, nada have I been to any of those electoral procedures.

read: Election is the means by which the people choose their officials for definite and fixed periods, to whom they entrust, for the time being, as their representatives, the exercise of powers of government.

facts: Regular elections are those held regularly over a period of time as mandated by the Constitution, we have the National, the Local, the Municipal, also the Barangay , added to it is the ARMM and the last one is Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Elections. And aside from the regulars are side orders(just like your fave Jolibee and McDo. LOL!!) the Special elections which has Plebiscite, Referendum, Initiative and a Recall . Whew! Some judicial jargons, ehrg! Well I say, please spare my lungs out.
Of all the words I love with this electoral process its the Suffrage. 

read: is a right and a privilege that may or may not be exercised. LOL!! So you can never blame me. The only reason am going with the flow is the identification that will come with it. Mind you is a necessity for legal transactions.

Prior to that, get listed. Of course, how will you be validated and accrued into the system as a voter if you haven’t registered. 

Requirements? Honey dear, you don’t have to beg, here: a Filipino citizen, at least eighteen years old, resident of the Philippines for one year and of the city or municipality wherein he proposes to vote for at least six months immediately preceding the election and not disqualified by law(regarding this topic may I suggest you visit  Sec. 9, Republic Act No. 8189 and Art. XII, Sec. 118, Batas Pambansa Blg. 881).

That easy right? Next step is to cast the vote itself. Which will happen 2010 I think? Not that sure as Ive said suffrage is for me.
Come Saturday, i’ll have my name blotted and added, will it make a difference? I guess so, am another byte on  the database aren’t I? So maybe I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

the thoughts of 3AM

now more than ever, I am fearing for my life.... here I thought that after COVID made its mark, I will be fine and will certainly go back to...